Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sundance and Setback

Mike and I spent the last four days at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. If you have not been there, put it on your list. Your intellectual curiosity will be fed, along with your appetite for fantastic margaritas, gorgeous mountain scenery and the promise of a movie star hanging out around the next corner. (By the end of it, I was sure that Benjamin Bratt was stalking me.)Seriously. Go. You won't regret a second of it. You will be surprised at what you see. http://festival.sundance.org/2009/

While the festival indulged my make believe jones, it proved a good distraction from a real-life disappointment. This trick shin I mentioned a few posts back has exploded into a serious issue. Not only is there irritation below my left knee, the ache has wrapped around the outside of my leg and behind it. I can't run without the feeling that I'm damaging it further. Dr. O'Kane, I'm coming to see you. I promise not to cry this time. For heaven's sake, it's January. We can fix me before race day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment