Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I thought Patella was a seafood dish



OK, so there's Benjamin Bratt. Stalking me like a celery at Sundance last weekend. NOT.

In other news, I visited Dr. O'Kane at UW Sports Med this afternoon. We decided it is likely that the knee issue is patellar tendonitis. Which apparently is not serious and can be overcome if common sense prevails at this point in the training cycle. So...I will rest, swim, spin and hop on the elliptical machine next week in lieu of running for awhile. That is OK (all things considered) though I have sort of bonded with the treadmill and the iPod/CNN cocktail recently. All will be well.

A few grateful thoughts here on Dr. O'Kane, who has been my friend much longer than Benjamin Bratt. We met in 2000, and over the years he's taken care of everything from my rotator cuff to my hamstrings, giving me more than the occasional heartfelt pep talk (relating well to the aging warrior who still wants to get 20-something results out of a 40-something body), and talking me off a high, scary ledge at least once.

http://www.orthop.washington.edu/uw/tabID__3374/ItemID__49/mid__10294/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment