Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mellow Johnny

I've already waxed lyrical about the pro peloton (even spelled it right this time!) but could not resist sharing this terrific photo that a friend sent me from the start line of the AmgenTour of California's fifth stage. Lance, you are lookin' good.

Closer to home, I'm becoming a swimmer again, and enjoying the eu-chlor-ia. Nothing new is happening with my knee; I'm not going to talk about it today.

I swam Tue, Thur, Fri and Sat this week. Friday was a little bittersweet. Many of my old-school Lane 4 family was in attendance, and, well...I could not keep up. It was one of those days that the mechanics didn't work. I didn't know where to put my hands. I finally had the opportunity to really rock it and it didn't come together.

Today was better. I love the Saturday 7 am masters workout at Greenlake pool. Now that I am spending more time in the water, I am much more conscious of my swimming -- and working at small tweaks to improve. The main set was:

8 x 50 free @ :50 + 400 IM
8 x 50 free @ :50 + 300 IM
8 x 50 free @ :50 + 200 IM
8 x 50 free @ :50 + 100 IM

A great opportunity to play with small technical shifts. Felt good.

Am heading out now for a massage with Ruth. Ah.




No comments:

Post a Comment