Saturday, February 7, 2009

How many mermaids does it take to screw in a lane line?

Today's swim practice was a good one, delayed briefly by some necessary adjustments to the line separating lane 4 from the neighbors. With Princess Maybe wielding a socket wrench and Jan and I taking the slack out of the line, we...had no luck. Good thing Liz knew where the line release button was, and how to use it (brain vs. brawn shines through once again)....before long we were off and swimming.

When I heard the main set, I worried that it would be mentally tough due to the repetition. Try this:

6 x 100 free @ 1:30 + 100 fly
4 x 200 free @ 3:00 + 200 back
2 x 400 free @ zen + 300 breast

(we didn't have time for the second 400, but went straight into the 300 breast). It actually turned out to be pretty fun, and I had the confidence to lead the second two 200s as Liz, who is the strongest freestyler in the group, asked for a "little time to space out." It's nice not to have to count laps and watch the clock sometimes.

My knee felt a little twingy but nothing serious, even on the breastroke. I'm not back to normal, but I believe I'm on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment