Tuesday, June 23, 2009

4 the Record


1. Road my Le Mond to work last Thur. Loved being back in the "commuter culture" though I felt awfully slow. I need to get in biker shape! My knee hurt pretty badly about 2 miles into the return trip home. Maybe my shoes/pedals are canting funny and need a tune up. Also had a (very loud!) flat on 40th Ave NE and had to walk the last few blocks home.

2. Saturday I swam at Colman pool and felt hemmed in by the lane lines. Lake swimming spoils me for just about everything -- even the outdoor, 50-meter, saltwater happiness that is the Saturday GLAD workout doesn't measure up. I left my usual lane which was crowded to join Tim who is the zennest swimmer I know. We grooved and were happy.

3. Ran 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday. After about three minutes a hot, syruppy pain exploded on the outside of my kneecap and flowed over and under it. I kept running anyway.

4. Today, as always, the Boys of Summer waited for me at the 9 minute dock. When I arrived, they were talking about the eagle that nearly buzzed Tim and Rick and me in that same spot last week. Then somone noticed that on the other side of the cable crossing, two huge eagles were sitting on somone's dock, each perched on a post and looking hungry. The unspoken thought in everyone's mind was...I don't want to go first...what if the birds think I'm a tasty morsel? As the slowest, it was my job to lead out. And I'm happy to report I held my position at the top of the food chain, but the back of the pod.

1 comment:

  1. Very clever post, this trope. And a good read. How's your knee after the liquid pour?

    ReplyDelete