Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You can Spin the Light to Gold

The same things look different.
It's the end of the summer.

For the first time in my life, I will go kicking and screaming into autumn. I will dig my heels into the thin layer of beach along the waterfront until they freeze.

They will tow the diving dock away next Tuesday. In the past I've loved this harbinger of fall. This year I don't want to face it.

Tatyana sent a note toasting a shiny new September.

Liz went back to MSC, fulfilling a promise she'd made herself to return to the pool first thing this month.

It was 5:55 before we were able to safely launch this morning. We talked of scuba lights and glow sticks.

Joseph said he would swim until DT's birthday on 11/4.

I swam to the cove today with two caps and earplugs. Thanks for waiting, boys of summer. And God bless you, Brendan.

2 comments:

  1. I love this line, it's like song lyrics--

    "I will dig my heels into the thin layer of beach along the waterfront until they freeze."

    SOmetimes when summer ends it feels a bit like heartbreak to me. I"m not always so happy to see fall roll in, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete