Tuesday, April 7, 2009

6:55, 6:50, 6:45

Small triumph today of descending 500s at swim practice. Did them all pull to save my knee and was suprised I could push steadily deeper under 7 minutes without my feet. Fantastic pink power lane dynamics at Seattle U with Princess Maybe and Lauren. Her majesty promises a "reprise" in the morning.

Sunday I ran 2 miles and spun through a 42-minute long episode of House on Netflix. (Does that mean there are 18 minutes of commercials when House airs on network TV? Please, God, who has time?!?)

I felt reasonably good throughout Sunday's workouts. I did an easy swim at Meadowbrook before I saw Dr. O'Kane Monday morning. There's nothing really new to report (maybe this is ITB after all?), but he gave me the medical "all clear" to ease back in to real training. Phil gave me the spiritual green light. Now it's up to me to get on the bike (outside for the first time since Jan) and do some running next week. I'm aiming for a short ride Saturday unless it is raining like crazy. Phil says no big hills. I hate the pancake-flat Burke but maybe it will grow on me like the dreadmill did. Hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Subject,

    I love the "spiritual Green Light" -- and laughed at your first graph.

    Love,
    Your Highness

    ReplyDelete